Sputnik News – World News, Breaking News & Top Storie Sputnik International is a global news agency keeping you updated on all the latest world news 24/7. Browse Sputnik for breaking news and top stories on politics, economy, social media and the most viral trends.
- Poll: Average Adult Spends ‘4 Hours’ a Day on Autopiloton September 30, 2022 at 1:44 am
Do you ever suddenly arrive at your destination while driving, without any recollection of the actual driving part? Have you ever been in the middle of a conversation with someone only to suddenly realize that you’ve got no clue what you’re talking about? It’s likely you zone out more than you realize – and you’re not alone.
- NASA, SpaceX Launch Feasibility Study to Give Hubble Telescope Longer Life – Officialson September 30, 2022 at 1:20 am
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) – NASA and SpaceX are going to conduct a feasibility study on the possibility of boosting the Hubble Space Telescope 40 to 45 miles higher in its low earth orbit (LEO) to give it an additional period of life, senior agency and company officials told a podcast press conference.
- Nord Stream to Dump Unprecedented Methane Gas Levels But May Not Have ‘Major’ Effect, Experts Claimon September 30, 2022 at 12:26 am
On Thursday, NATO issued a strong statement on the Nord Stream breaches in the Baltic Sea, calling the damage the result of “deliberate, reckless, and irresponsible acts of sabotage.” The dissipation of the gas, which is expected by Sunday, will allow forensic investigators to examine the site for clues about what led to the explosions.
- Over 250,000 People Took Part in Demonstrations Against Pension Reform in France – Unionon September 29, 2022 at 11:27 pm
PARIS (Sputnik) – More than 250,000 people across France have participated in demonstrations against pension reform and demanding a rise in the minimum wage, the French General Confederation of Labor (CGT, Confederation Generale du Travail) said on Thursday.
- Researchers Find 885 Websites Used as CIA Fronts a ‘Motivated Amateur Sleuth’ Could’ve Foundon September 29, 2022 at 11:19 pm
For several years, the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) managed its contacts with sources through a network of fake websites. However, after Iranian counterintelligence officers cracked their system and shared their findings with Beijing, at least two dozen CIA operatives were hounded out and killed.